Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm a Beast

I don't know how many of you have heard about the whole Lebron and Vogue controversy. Basically, there have been many raised eyebrows and complete chastisement towards Vogue for their latest cover, featuring superstar athlete Lebron James holding supermodel Gisele Bundchen. The problem is that some feel as though the way the basketball star was depicted was racially charged. They feel as though he was made out to look like the monstrous King Kong rescuing this blonde-haired, fair-skinned woman.

I don't know, by looking at it, I can definitely see the whole beastly ape similarity. Plus, I know that the editors over at Vogue knew exactly what they were doing by picking that particular photo, out of many other photos, to be the cover. Yet, then again, Lebron is a beast, and I say that with complete respect.

Hmmm, it can go either way for me. What do you think?

Photobucket

No comments: