Sunday, March 2, 2008

Don't trip, I know what's up...

Just a little FYI in regards to my last post!

The only reason why Lauryn Hill wasn't in the contest is because she is, in my opinion, the best female MC of all time. So there's absolutely no way of comparing her rhymes to any other female because she's just on an entirely different level. This was one of the points brought up during the debate I had with my friends. Clearly, if Lauryn was apart of the contest, it'd be an easy decision. But, since Kim & Fox are more "gritty" and "raw" than the more lyrical, more witty, and more gifted Lauryn, we decided to compare the best verses of the two. So, don't trip everyone, believe that I know what's up. I know that Ms. Hill shits on Foxy and Kim even on her worst day.

The homegirl Tiffany brought it back to "The Score" with one of Lauryn's sickest verses:

Zealots (The Fugees: Lauryn's verse)

Behold, as my odes, manifold on your rhymes
Two mc's can't occupy the same space at the same time.
It's against the laws of physics.
So weep as your sweet dreams break up like eurythmics
Rap rejects my tape deck, ejects projectile
Whether jew or gentile
I rank top percentile,
Many styles,
More powerful than gamma rays
My grammar pays,
Like carlos sanatana plays
Black magic woman
So while you fuming, i'm consuming
Mango juice under polaris,
You're just embarrassed
Cause it's your "last tango in paris"
And even after all my logic and my theory,
I add a muthafucker so you ignorant niggas hear me.
And you remember take notes,
As i sow my rap otas
And for you biting zealots, here's a quote.

And the homie Andre is feelin' "Freedom Time."
It happens to be way too entirely long to post, so I'll just put up an excerpt:

Freedom Time (Lauryn Hill)

There's no escapin' when
Your whole philosophy is paper thin
In vanity
The wide road is insanity
Could it be all of humanity?
Picture that
Scripture that
The origin of man's heart is black
How can we show up for
An invisible war
Preoccupied with a shadow, makin' love with a whore
Achin' in sores
Babylon, the great mystery
Mother of human history
System of social sorcery
Our present condition
Needs serious recognition
Where there's no repentance there can be no remission

No comments: