Sunday, January 27, 2008

Double Negative Equals a Positive...

2007 was a year of tragedy for me.
It was honestly like the worst horror film that which even the likes of Stephen King couldn't even fathom to create.
The aftermath of the events which occurred last year still affect me 'til this day, and the wounds will get easier to deal with over time, but they will never fully heal.
And even in the chaotic midst of all that, I made decisions which have led me to the point in life which I currently find myself.

Photobucket

To anyone else, this probably appears to be just an ordinary picture of a group of friends enjoying good times. Yet, when I look at it, and look at it closely, I see the truth. I see myself doing something that a few months ago, I thought that I would never be able to do again.
I'm smiling...I'm laughing...I'm happy.
Genuinely happy.

And no, I'm far from being completely over the events of 2007...but how I see it now, with more moments like the one above, 2008 will be exactly what I need.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like this post too..
i dont know who or what knocked over your sand castle in 2006

but your wayy to cool of a person to care..so dont.

and by the way
you were giggling hard as shit in that picture..


ahaha jus had to be a jerk...
ajay.

The B.B. Rose said...

hahaha...sorry, i'm a hard laugher.