Sunday, February 3, 2008

Don't blink, you might miss something...

I remember when I used to live my life constantly worried that I would miss out on something. I needed to be at every event, every gathering, always apart of the "cool" crowd so that I would always know what was going on. I needed to feel apart of what was "important" and most of all, I needed everyone else to feel as though I were important. I was so afraid...so afraid to blink, so afraid to look away for even a second because I knew if I did, then I would miss out on something. And if I missed out on something, I would lose things, I would lose people, I would be left all by myself.

Photobucket


I no longer live my life that way. I've come to realize that it's not worth always being on edge, constantly stressed out. I've come to understand that it's perfectly okay to look away sometimes, because when you look back and see who's still standing there & wanting to be apart of your life, well, that's one of the most fulfilling and amazing feelings in the world.



In other news, I'm watching the super bowl and I just saw the preview for Adam Sandler's new movie "You Don't Mess with the Zohan." Even though it doesn't come out until the Summer, I'm completely looking forward to it.

Photobucket

Why is this man so hilarious???

3 comments:

Carmela said...

kudos to you, my love. this is what being a young woman is all about.

Anonymous said...

that was beautifully said dear...i couldnt agree with you more...

Anonymous said...

a!!!

that was a pretty bomb post.
took me on a high..and brought me down adequetely..

i know exactly how you feel..
were all on bullshit.
we assume,and hold on desperately to what should be..or what the cool is..

instead of realizing we are the center of our universe..

that was random but you pushed me to express myself.

lol